Call: 1300 09 49 79

[email protected]
Civil Force Training is a Division of Macquarie Commercial College (RTO No: 3923)
Student Login

Skills Victoria Funding / Victorian Training Guarantee

Government Funding

Civil Force Training, in 2017, has civil construction courses available either as full fee or with Government funding under the Victorian Training Guarantee (see Higher Education and Skills Group (Skills Victoria) for eligible students.

If you are eligible your cost for a course may be less than $50.

Government  funding is not a loan and is provided with Victorian & Commonwealth Government Funding.

Eligible students are entitled to Government funding for the following courses:

  • RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
  • RII30915 Certificate III in Civil Construction
  • RII20115 Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation

The Victorian Training Guarantee (VTG) is a Government initiative providing subsidized training for eligible individuals who wish to obtain a VET qualification. It is funded with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding. We organize everything on behalf of the student and the process is simple and easy.

* You can only commence up to two government subsidised courses at the same qualification level (other than Foundation Skills) in your lifetime, regardless of whether you complete them. There is no lifetime limit on the number of Foundation Skills courses you can commence.

How many Government subsidised courses can I commence in 2017?

An individual is eligible to commence a maximum of two government subsidised courses per calendar year

Effective 16 June 2014, the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development amended the eligibility criteria for the Victorian Training Guarantee (VTG) program. This now allows students a maximum of two (2) government subsidised commencements at the same qualification level across their lifetime. This is called the ‘2 at level’ limit which applies in addition to existing criteria and requirements.

Are you eligible for Skills Victoria Funding?

An eligible individual is a person who meets all three criteria below:

  1. Are you a citizen or permanent resident?

To be eligible you must be either:
• an Australian citizen;
• an Australian permanent resident (PR) i.e. holder of a permanent visa;
• a holder of a Special Category Visa (sub-class 444, New Zealand citizen).

  1. Will you complete your course in Victoria.
  2. Are you upskilling?

That is, are you seeking to enrol in a nationally recognised qualification that is at a higher level than the highest qualification you have previously completed?

EXAMPLE: Simon is an Australian citizen, who is living in Victoria and has completed a Certificate IV in Accounting in 2010. As a result, he is eligible to enrol in a Government subsidised Diploma (or higher) qualification, however he is eligible to Government subsidised training at the Advanced Diploma level.

Important note:  for people under 20 years of age, this restriction does not apply. If Simon was under 20*, he would be eligible to study any Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma course.

* Please note: Age is the age of the eligible individual as at 1st January in the year in which they are commencing the course.

Additional Notes on Eligibility

When assessing your highest prior qualifications completed, you must take following into account:

  • Foundation courses (i.e. Certificate in ESL or General Education for Adults, VCAL Intermediate & Foundation – specific list applies) may be excluded from consideration when assessing an individual’s prior highest completed qualification level.
  • VET courses completed as part of a VET in Schools Program (VETIS) during secondary education may be excluded from consideration when assessing an individual’s prior highest completed qualification.
  • A Vocational Graduate Certificate or Vocational Graduate Diploma course is considered to be at a higher level than a Bachelor degree, when assessing an individual’s prior highest completed qualification.
  • Courses completed overseas where no formal AQF equivalency has been determined, may be excluded from consideration when assessing an individual’s prior highest completed qualification.  This is determined on a case-by-case basis.

An individual is not eligible for government subsidised training if the individual is:

  • A student enrolled in a school and seeking to enrol in accredited vocational education and training (VET) that has been arranged by, or in conjunction with, the school (excluding a School Based Apprentice/Trainee).

Government schools are responsible for funding these opportunities for VET through their Student Resource Package (SRP) allocation, including targeted VET in Schools funding. Non-government schools make similar decisions for students on the basis of the resources available to them. This, of course, does not preclude an individual of school age accessing VET opportunities separate to and outside of their school education;

  • A prisoner within the meaning of the Corrections Act 1986 who is held at any one of the following custodial settings as outlines in the Service Agreement;
  • A person who is detained under the Mental Health Act 1986; or the Crimes (Mental Impairment and Unfitness to be Tried) Act 1997 or the Sentencing Act 1991 at the Thomas Embling Hospital; or
  • A person who is detained (other than on weekend detention) under the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 or the Sentencing Act 1991 or who is held on remand in one of the following youth justice facilities as outlined in the Service Agreement.

What are the fees?
In 2017, the Victorian Government will help cover the cost of training in a government subsidised place. You may still be required to cover some of the cost by paying tuition fees.

Can you get assistance with paying fees?
Concessions are available for study at Certificate I to IV levels for Health Care, Pension, Veteran’s Gold Card holders, or indigenous students studying in a government subsidised place.

Am I eligible?
Students must meet citizenship and other eligibility requirements for any government subsidised training at any course level.

What if I want to study but don’t meet eligibility?
You can still study at your choice of training provider if places are available, but you may not be able to access a government subsidised tuition fee.

Where can I get more information?
Please call Civil Force Training 1300 09 49 79 to discuss details or [email protected]

VET in School Traineeship
The funding is not a loan.

Application and Enrolment requirements – Students may receive a National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) survey and/or an invitation to participate in a Department endorsed project and/or be contacted by the Department (or persons authorised by the Department) for audit or review purposes.  The reference to ‘Department’ means the State of Victoria acting through the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (or its successor).

Prospective Students :  Please note, when undertaking a Victorian Training Guarantee Government funded course, this may impact you gaining further funded courses in the future. If you would like to enrol in two courses within one year, they can be the same level qualification but once you graduate from them you cannot enrol in the same level of course again.

*Finance is available for 12 months interest free. Conditions apply.
Call the Victorian Skills Gateway Training Line on 131 823.